- If you want to know, just ask.
People around you will be happy to give referrals – especially
because they were pleased with the results.
– What do they know about the company's reputation?
– How was the quality of their work?
– How did they manage scheduling?
– How many years experience do they have?
– Were the subcontractors responsible in every way?
– Were the contractor's employees and subcontractors courteous
– Why did the homeowner select this particular company?
– Were the contractor and project foreman good at anticipating
and problem solving?
– Were they responsive to your needs?
– How was communication? Were your calls returned promptly?
- Ask the remodeling contractor
for information on projects similar to what you have in mind:
– Projects they are currently working on.
– Projects they have completed very recently.
– Projects they have completed in the last year.
- Call the referrals the remodeler
gives you. Ask specific questions that are important to you
about the project and process.
- Does your remodeling contractor
- Because you will be living in
and around the remodeling, ask how they deal with scheduling,
subcontractors, your daily needs, end-of-day clean-up, etc.
- Were they conscientious in
protecting the areas of your home not part of the project?
- Did they keep the outside job
site area clean?
- Ask referrals their opinion on
how they felt about the overall project? Were their expectations
- Would they recommend this
remodeler to their friends and family?
- Ask the contractor if you could
visit a site they are working on now.
questions you ask now could save you time and money and most
important, hassles later. Picking the right remodeling
contractor is essential.
We know … because our reputation stands behind every project.
Tim Lemke, Certified Remodeler (CR)
Tim Lemke Construction